Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Brief update

I've had a slip-and-fall accident on concrete on the ice so my arm is in  a sling for the next week or two making writing and even reading very difficult with only one functioning hand.  But I do deserve a break and this past week has been a pretty good time to take one since last week was pretty much just more of the same on Wall Street.


The market has been back and forth between pause mode and rallies.  On Friday we came within less than 1/2 point of the coveted 20,000 mark before falling another 60 points and now continuing to fall, thus sending the message that there is still much uncertainty out there, particularly concerning expectations of the new president, that 20,000 may remain elusive until we know what we're getting.

So it's a good time to sit back and relax.  This week I have been unable to even procure the traditional weekly summary.  That's okay.  I just need to be recovered by Feb 1 when classes begin.  Then it will be 14 months of continuous study and work.  I hope to be able to continue documenting the journey right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment