Sunday, January 22, 2017

Succinct Summations for the week ending January 20th, 2017.

Worse news this week,  On my tenth day with this "hematoma," and no improvement though I was supposed to be recovered in a week, new x-rays taken on Friday (the 10th day) revealed it is not a hematoma after all but a fracture of my left elbow, an injury that requires surgery to repair.


So today is my 12th day walking around with a fracture that has not yet been treated, no wonder I feel rotten.  Hopefully the surgery can be performed this week, then I will be in a cast for two months, unable to attend school until April.  Since the CFP begins 2/1, it's likely I'll have to drop out and rejoin the program next year.  I hope to be hearing something more definitive about that later this week from OU.  Meanwhile, below please find the customary week-end summation, though I will excuse myself from the analysis until this fracture has finally been repaired and I am out of pain.  Hope everyone had a good week, or at least a better week than mine.

Succinct Summation of Week’s Events


Succinct Summations for the week ending January 20th, 2017.
Positives
  1. New President! Tax cuts, deregulation, infrastructure!
  2. Housing market index fell from 70 to 67, still a very strong reading.
  3. Jobless claims fell 15k to 234k, taking the 4-week average down to 246.75k.
  4. CPI rose 0.3% m/o/m and 2.1% y/o/y. Energy prices rose 1.5% in the month.
  5. Industrial production rose 0.8% in December.
  6. Housing starts came in at 1.226mm SAAR, up from 1.09 previously.
Negatives
  1. New President & his cabinet hasn’t the slightest idea WTF they are doing
  2. Industrial production was revised down 0.7%.
  3. Housing permits shed .2%, coming in at 1.21mm SAAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment